Note: this website is a new and a work-in-progress. In the meantime, please use the GitHub page for more information.
Xournal++ is an cross-platform, open source, hand note-taking software with the target of flexibility, functionality, and speed. It is a modern rewrite and more feature-rich version of the wonderful Xournal program.
To install Xournal++, please follow the instructions on the installation page.
Some highlighted features
Here are some of what we think are the "killer features" of Xournal++. You can find a more complete list of features in the User Guide.
- Supports a wide variety of devices and user workflows
- Pressure-sensitive styluses and digital pen tablets (e.g. Wacom, Huion, XP Pen, etc. tablets)
- Plugins support via the Lua programming language
- Customizeable toolbar, with multiple configurations, e.g. to optimize toolbar for portrait / landscape
- Notetaking features
- "Paper" backgrounds for notetaking, scratch paper, or whiteboarding
- Different pen types (e.g. eraser, highlighter) and stroke styles (e.g. solid, dotted)
- Different shapes, such as lines, arrow, circle, rectangle, splines
- Shape resizing and rotation
- LaTeX support (requires a working LaTeX install)
- Multiple "layers" for easier control over overlapping notes and strokes
- Sidebar with page previews and PDF Bookmarks
- Audio recording and playback alongside with handwritten notes
- Rotation and grid snapping
- File formats
- Annotate on top of PDFs
- Export to a variety of formats including SVG, PNG, and PDF
- Other convenience features
- Bug reporting, autosave, and auto backup tools
- Page template definitions
- Multi language support (over 20 languages supported, with more added by the community!)